24th August 2023
You are summoned to attend the Town Council meeting being held on Wednesday 6th September 2023 at 7pm, which will be held at Cotgrave Methodist Church Hall, to transact the business specified below.
Members of the press and public are welcome to observe proceedings. Time is allowed for brief public participation. (Please forward details of any issues to the Town Clerk prior to the meeting).
The press and public will be excluded from the meeting during consideration of Items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined in Section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PC 1946 SASKIA MILLS FROM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE POLICE AND REBECCA LANGTON FROM CAVENDISH CONSULTING (SOLAR FARM) WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE.
Mrs J Stephenson
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest.
3. Public Open Session.
4. To co-opt to fill vacancies on the Town Council – Local Government Act 1972.
5. To confirm the accuracy of the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 12th July 2023 and Personnel
Committee Meetings of 9th and 23rd August 2023.
6. To consider progress with the decisions taken.
7. To confirm the Planning Minutes – to note
8. Planning Applications
23/01485/LBC Magnolia Cottage, Cotgrave Place, Main Road, Cotgrave, Nottingham – single storey glass
room to rear.
23/01484/FUL Magnolia Cottage, Cotgrave Place, Main Road, Cotgrave, Nottingham – single storey glass
room to rear.
23/01063/LBC Summer Place Cotgrave Place Main Road Cotgrave Nottinghamshire – alterations to window
openings, windows, and doors
9. Financial Matters – to consider a) payments made, b) income received (since the last meeting), c) Financial
Statements for June and July 2023, d) To consider/approve the Clerk as a signatory for the NatWest Account
(for administration purposes only).
10. Grants – to consider grant applications from a)
11. Earmarked Reserves – to consider the money movements and approve changes.
12. Long Service Awards Policy – to consider policy and approve.
13. Grass Mower – to approve the additional costs.
14. Council Events:
- Street Market – to review the event.
- Fireworks and Bonfire Event 5th November – To note the date.
- Remembrance Day Parade 12th November – to consider options for the event.
- Christmas Lights and Market 24th November – to note the date and discuss the Christmas Tree.
- Pensioners’ Christmas Meal
- D-Day 80 – June 6th, 2024 – to consider purchasing a beacon to mark the event.
15. Proposal for a 20MWSolar Farm between Cotgrave and Radcliffe-on-Trent
16. Cotgrave FC – to agree Hiring Agreement for 2023-2024.
18. Update from Ward Members
19. Clerk’s Reports
20. Councillors Reports